Dr. Josh Wagner is the only Torque Release-specific chiropractor in Manhattan, delivering one of the most effective treatments available in the field.
At our practice, we deliver high quality care in a relaxed practice setting with a compassionate approach.
We are here to get you well.
Do you want to be rid of your complaints for good? If so, stop fighting only the symptoms…
Read on to find out why misalignment of the cervical vertebra may be responsible for a whole series of what seem to be unrelated problems, the treatment of which focuses merely on suppressing the pain without removing the cause.
The first cervical vertebra, known as the Atlas or C1, plays the most primary role for the entire spine.
A malfunction in this area can produce a “domino effect” on the entire musculoskeletal system, as well as the circulation and nervous systems, creating imbalances and dysfunctions in various parts of the body.
With time these dysfunctions may turn into serious health problems. The body is not able to function or repair as it should, which seriously affects the quality of your life. Medicine will not be able to identify or diagnose the condition.
Have you been told by your doctor that your problems unknown and are probably of a psychosomatic origin? It is quite likely that your doctor doesn’t know – and therefore cannot tell you that a misaligned cervical spine might be the cause of your problems.
Chronic complaints of neck and back spinal disc issues, migraine attacks or headaches, and overall neck and back pain often find a simple, logical explanation in cervical misalignment. Correction of this problem offers a real, lasting solution without being forced to take medicine continuously with ensuing side effects.
In addition, correction of the cervical vertebra is the ideal method to improve posture, thus preventing postural defects such as a tilted pelvis, or upper back hump with aging.
- For many people the birth process may have been the cause of cervical instability and misalignment.
- Traumas such as whiplash or falls may also cause or further accentuate misalignment of the cervical vertebrae.
- It has been found that misalignment spine is responsible for a number of disorders and conditions at both the physical and mental level (See Torque Release Technique positive results with depression, anxiety, and addiction).Even problems in the lower body, like low back pain, lumbar disc herniation, and sciatica can have underlying causes in the cervical vertebrae. The entire spine is one unit, and if it is misaligned in one area, it will compensate in the other areas.
- Conventional medicine does not consider misalignment of the cervical vertebrae a possible cause of disorder in a patient. As a result this problem usually goes undiagnosed.
- Failure to diagnose the problem is due to the fact that misalignment of the cervical vertebrae is not looked at my medical doctors, only fractures and severe dislocations.
- Leaving aside severe dislocations of the vertebrae requiring surgery, conventional medicine offers no treatment to correct the misalignment of the cervical vertebrae.
- Often after the very first re-alignment/correction, patients begin feeling results.
- Many consider adjusting the neck area is dangerous. Torque Release Technique uses an extremely gentle and low force instrument, instead of the hands, to carefully re-align cervical vertebrae.
- • migraine
- • headache
- • chronic pain following whiplash
- • vertigo – dizziness – unsteadiness
- • Ménière´s disease
- • trigeminal neuralgia
- • temporomandibular joint syndrome
- • chronic sinusitis
- • asthma (may have other causes)
- • limited or painful head rotation or bending
- • cervical pain
- • stiff neck – torticollis
- • shoulder pain / one shoulder higher
- • formication / numbness of the arms
- • recurrent tendinitis
- • tennis elbow / carpal tunnel syndrome
- • permanent muscle tension
- • chronic muscle pain
- • back pain
- • idiopathic scoliosis
- • lumbago
- • herniated disc – disc disease – protrusion of discs
- • compressed spinal nerves
- • asymmetry of the pelvis
- • arthritis – osteoarthritis(if arising from poor posture)
- • blocking of the sacroiliac joint
- • inflammation of the ischiadic nerve – sciatica
- • hip pain
- • functional leg length difference
- • pain in the legs, knees or feet
- • tendency to have cold hands / feet
- • chronic eye inflammation / vision disorders
- • tinnitus (buzzing or ringing in the ears)
- • chronic middle ear inflammation
- • abnormal heart rhythm / altered blood pressure
- • digestive problems / gastric hyperacidity
- • gastric reflux
- • chronic diarrhea or constipation
- • depression (if associated with chronic pain)
- • insomnia / falling asleep
- • chronic fatigue
- • fatigue syndrome (CFS) (also by acidosis)
- • allergies / hay fever (improvements for unknown reason)
- • learning difficulties / dyslexia
- • epilepsy
When the spine is in balance, weights are distributed evenly between the two sides of the skeleton.
The weight of the head (as much as 13 lbs) is supported by the cervical spine.
A slight misalignment can cause the skull to not sit perfectly perpendicular to the spine.
This produces a shift in the body’s center of gravity and therefore an imbalance from head to toe, leading to musculoskeletal dysfunction. This causes a static false posture, in which one side of the body is more stressed than the other.
This is also the reason why pain is generally concentrated on just one side.
This continuous stress leads to the body’s center of gravity being shifted. This causes muscle spasms and pain, especially if the muscles are weak and untrained. This results in cervical problems, tension-related headaches, vertigo, stiff neck and restricted or painful head rotation.
In a chain-reaction process, a misalignment of the cervical spine causes asymmetries of the entire skeleton, such as one shoulder being higher than the other with pain in the back, neck, tilted pelvis with consequent danger of herniated discs, pain in the hips and even knees.
As long as postural defects exist, permanent muscular contractions develop which, as well as being painful, can cause other vertebrae in the spine to misalign.
The resulting subluxations may create persistent compression on certain nerve roots. More and more frequently doctors use cortisone against those irritations, which is indeed a useful medicament, but which causes severe, well noted side effects in the long term and quicker degeneration than natural causes.
Compression of certain nerves (leads to pins and needles) in arms and legs, while the pressure put on other nerves leads to malfunctions in the corresponding organs. This gives rise to a series of disturbances, even in apparently unrelated areas of the body.
Receive effective chiropractic care from chronic pain expert Dr. Wagner who uses a non-surgical, non-invasive release technique to get great results in patients who suffer from neck and back pain (including herniated disks, neck strains, pinched nerves and tension), headaches and sleep disorders. He practices the newest chiropractic approach, using a gentle instrument rather than forceful manipulation by hand. Results are achieved faster than with traditional chiropractors – saving you time and money.